Validation-seeking has become an epidemic over the last decade, thanks to social media and the vastly growing sense of insecurity among mainly young millennials and gen Z's. This is something I feel like affects so many people, yet no one rarely ever talks about it. Lets be real, we all want to be accepted, liked, and validated by others, but sometimes our need for approval can hold us back from living our best lives. When we care too much about what others think, we may make decisions based on external validation rather than our values, and desires. This can lead to feelings of anxiety, self-doubt, and even depression. Here are a few ways to gain back your sense of self-worth and self-confidence and care a bit less about what others think so you can start living life on your own terms.
13 Ways to Not Care About What People Think:
1. Recognize the root of your need for validation: Take some time to reflect on why you feel the need to seek validation from others. Is it a result of past experiences, societal pressure, or something else? Understanding the root cause of your behavior can help you break free from it.
2. Focus on your own opinion: Instead of constantly seeking validation from others, focus on your own opinions and beliefs. Trust yourself and your instincts, and don’t be afraid to speak your mind.
3. Accept that not everyone will like you: It’s impossible to please everyone, and not everyone will like you. Accepting this fact can be liberating and help you let go of the need for external validation.
4. Surround yourself with supportive people: Surrounding yourself with people who support and uplift you can help boost your confidence and sense of self-worth.
5. Practice self-care: Taking care of yourself and prioritizing your own needs can help you feel more confident and secure in yourself.
6. Stop comparing yourself to others: Comparing yourself to others can be a slippery slope and can lead to feelings of inadequacy and self-doubt. Focus on your own journey and celebrate your own accomplishments.
7. Don’t take things personally: Remember that other people’s opinions and actions are a reflection of themselves, not you. Don’t take things personally and try not to let others’ opinions affect you.
8.Challenge your negative thoughts: Negative self-talk can be a major barrier to letting go of the need for external validation. Challenge these thoughts and replace them with positive affirmations.
9. Practice mindfulness: Practicing mindfulness and being present in the moment can help you let go of worries about the past or future.
10. Set boundaries: Setting healthy boundaries can help you feel more in control of your life and be less reliant on external validation.
11. Focus on your strengths: Instead of fixating on your weaknesses, focus on your strengths and what makes you unique.
12. Take risks: Trying new things and taking risks can help you build confidence and let go of fears of failure or judgment.
13. Embrace imperfection: Perfection is an unattainable goal, and striving for it can lead to constant feelings of inadequacy. Embrace your imperfections and accept that they make you who you are.
Practice Gratitude: Cultivating a sense of gratitude can help you shift your attention away from what you don’t have or what others think of you. Consider keeping a gratitude journal or taking a few minutes each day to reflect on the things in your life that you are thankful for!
Secret Mantra to Success: If You Believe in Yourself, Anything is Possible✌️
It’s time to wrap up…
At the end of the day, it's crucial to recognize that you can't control what others think of you. However, you can control your own thoughts and actions. By implementing the 13 practical tips discussed in this article, you can free yourself from the need for external validation and focus on your own self-worth. You deserve to live a life that's true to yourself and your own values, rather than constantly seeking approval from others.
Remember, the journey towards self-acceptance and confidence is a lifelong process, but by taking small steps each day, you can learn how to let go of what others think and live a more fulfilling life on your own terms.
P.S. If you like this blog post, please share it with those who need to hear this. Happy Reading🙂